Where has the last year gone? It’s been a whole year since Evolve came on the scene, with a focus on inspiring us to Live, Grow, Give. I continue to be honored that Krista asked me to write each week about pictures, memories, stories, family, and connections for #familyhistoryfriday. These things are the secret ingredient to wellness of the heart and soul! I’m thrilled to be able to share real-life ways to bring the benefits of family stories into your life.
This month I’m celebrating our blogiversary with giveaways!! I will be sharing four different ways to preserve your pictures, and I’ll be giving them away, too! I’m giving away an amazing grand prize at the end of the month (worth $100+), so stay tuned.
Read this first so you know how to enter each week’s giveaway, then read on to find out if preserving your pictures using digital scrap pages is right for you–and how to do it.
- A minimum of 10 comments on the blog post by April 2, 2018, qualify the item to be given away. In the comments, tell me something you like about or learned from this blog post or another #familyhistoryfriday post over the past year.
- After April 2, 2018, the 10+ commenters will be entered into the drawing IF YOU ALSO e-mail me (Jennifer) so I can contact you if you win. Your e-mail will not be kept, shared, or used for any other purpose. Because that’s rude. E-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org just to give me your e-mail address.
- Winners will be drawn at random and contacted immediately via e-mail.
- Share this post and the giveaway with someone you know who would love to win! (That has the benefit of helping the post get 10 comments, too!)
You Might Love Digital Scrap Pages if…
There are several ways to preserve pictures and memories, and I always tell people to use what works for THEM. Ignore trends and what’s currently popular and do what works for you. If you don’t love it, you won’t do it.
I’ve found that digital scrap pages are preferred by:
- people who like a loose-leaf album so they can include kids’ artwork, class pictures, ticket stubs, etc.
- people who are transitioning out of paper scrapbooking since they can create digital pages quickly while using up their stash of scrapbooking paper, stickers, etc.
- burned-out scrapbookers–those who want to preserve their memories and photos but either don’t have time or are just plain tired. (You can read my open letter to beloved burned-out scrapbookers here.)
If any of those sound like you, you should give digital scrap pages a try.
If you’re not sure what creating digital scrap pages would look like, you can actually watch me do it right here:
What I Love About Digital Scrap Pages
Note: I use digital scrap pages from Heritage Makers, so what I love about them may or may not apply to other types of digital scrapbooking.
I adore the copy feature! I can copy whole pages with the click of a button. That means rather than re-building each page of a Disneyland trip, I make it once, click “copy” 16 times, and then add pictures to each page. It also means I can make copies of pages and adjust them for individual kids. It makes my memory-keeping go fast!
So I am a looseleaf-style gal. It means I have to buy binders and page protectors and such, but I am a saver of plane tickets and movie tickets and valentines. I love having the whole story, so to speak. Old things are extra special when you look back at them, so I think it will be neat in 20 years to look back and find that a movie ticket “only” cost $10 in 2018.
I love that everything is self-contained. I don’t have to download a program or digital art or anything to my computer. If my computer crashes, all my photos, projects, and the digital art are still in my online account. I can use any computer to access them.
If digital scrap pages sound like the thing for you, comment below (don’t forget to e-mail me, too) to be entered into the drawing for 10 SCRAP PAGES FROM HERITAGE MAKERS. They are high-quality, thick like cardstock, are available single- or double-sided, and come in three sizes (8×8, 8.5×11, and 12×12). As I mentioned, all the digital art will be included, so there’s nothing to buy or download–just 10 free scrap pages! (You will need to pay shipping when you’re ready to order them, though.)
You can even put quotes on scrap pages and frame them or use them for crafting projects as shown here.
This prize is a $20-$60 value, depending on what size you choose and if you choose double-sided pages. (If you don’t win, by the way, you can create your own digital scrap pages anyway! Just follow the steps here.) If you are the winner, I’ll get you all set up in your account and help you get started creating!
What Are Other Options?
If digital scrapbooking doesn’t sound like your way to preserve photos and memories, don’t worry. I’ll share more options with more giveaways all month long!
- Wise, Jennifer. (2017). Life Tales Books & Personal Publishing. Retrieved from https://lifetalesbooks.blogspot.com/p/how-to-get-started.html
- Wise, Jennifer. (2018). Facebook. Retrieved from https://www.facebook.com/MyHeritageMakersShop/
- Wise, Jennifer. (2018). Life Tales Books & Personal Publishing. Retrieved from https://lifetalesbooks.blogspot.com/p/benefits.html
- Wise, Jennifer. (2018). Life Tales Books & Personal Publishing. Retrieved from https://lifetalesbooks.blogspot.com/2018/02/dear-burned-out-scrapbooker.html
- Wise, Jennifer. (2018). Life Tales Books & Personal Publishing. Retrieved from https://lifetalesbooks.blogspot.com/2018/02/the-life-changing-power-in-family.html