Latest posts by Krista Palo (see all)
- Guest Post at Choosing Wisdom: Environments are Stronger than Willpower - August 10, 2017
- Guest Post at Choosing Wisdom: If It’s Worth Doing, It’s Worth Doing Well - July 20, 2017
- Lori’s Go-To Flank Steak Grilling Sauce - June 28, 2017
Potato salad is one of those recipes that is perfect for the spring and summer. It is one of those staples that my grandmother served regularly when I was growing up.
Cary Mac Arthur has been a guest author here on Evolve, she wrote the fabulous article Find Your Voice; Follow Your Purpose. Yesterday, she was also my guest on the Real Life, Real Passion podcast: Episode 6, Find Your Voice. She is a talented life coach and an inspiration. Her website is carymacarthur.com, and she hosts a podcast with her husband, Mechanic to Millionaire that is definitely worth checking out.
Cary debated about which recipe that she wanted to share, and decided that her Grandma’s recipe for simply perfect potato salad was the one!
Like many recipes that I have inherited from my grandmother, this one is simple. There are only a few ingredients, and only a few directions, and you can’t go wrong.
Grandma’s Simply Perfect Potato Salad
- 10 lbs potatoes, boiled with skins til soft, then peeled and diced
- 1 1/2 dozen boiled eggs, chopped
Gently stir potatoes and eggs together. Salt to taste.
- Add Miracle Whip (it’s better than mayo in this recipe), enough to completely cover the subject also according to taste.
- Chopped pickles are optional.
This is a great way to use up some of your extra hard boiled eggs from Easter. My grandmother always made potato salad this time of year.
Since this recipe makes a large amount, I reduced the ingredients and tried to give you an estimate of where to start when making it at home.
This recipe is a favorite from Cary's grandmother.
- 2 lbs potatoes
- 1 tsp salt to taste
- 1 cup Miracle Whip to taste
- 1/4 cup dill pickles chopped
Boil the potatoes until soft. Peel and dice.
Gently stir the potatoes and eggs together. Add salt.
Fold in Miracle Whip (better than mayonnaise in this recipe). Enough to completely cover the salad. Add more if desired.
Add chopped pickles, if desired.
The recipe is a guideline. Adjust according to taste and desired consistency.
Thank you Cary for sharing a family favorite recipe with us.